Total Pageviews
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
What To Do, What To Do About Sep 7 Debate
So the Prez wants to preempt the Republican Candidates' Debate from the Reagan Library on Sept 7th to give his umpteenth jobs speech to a joint session of Congress? Here is what I would do if I were NBC and the GOP: Let him. I'd move the debate to some time after his speech, probably the 9th to avoid the NFL opener on the 8th between Green Bay and New Orleans. Then, I would give each of the debate participants two minutes to analyze the great speech, with no interruptions, no questions and no comments. He wants a free shot, good; let him take the 8-12 free shots that would be coming his way with my idea. People would tune in to hear them that would not have planned to watch the debate originally. What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good idea, Shoe. I like it!
ReplyDeleteHe won't go for it if he realizes your strategy ahead of time. He might not think that far ahead, being the self-interested egomaniac he is ...he will be too busy patting himself on the back and gloating over the idea that he 'bumped' the competition from the prime slot. But some of his advisers might think that far ahead. They are, after all, being paid to think for him, right? They might figure it out and try to dissuade him. Hopefully his ego will win out and he'll follow his OWN (egotistical) instincts instead of their advice. He'll scoff at their warnings and say, or at least think, 'What do THEY know? I'M the President!!'
Agree totally. When someone is making a fool of himself, it is always best to get out of the way and let them.
ReplyDelete