Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 26, 2012

On Flip Flops and the GOP Candidates

Give me Newt or Rick over Mitt any day.  I want a strong Conservative.  That meansSantorum.  Newt is a flip flopper but at least he expounds on Conservativism.  Wins every time it's tried.  Santorum does not have clean conservative skirts but he is the best in the race right now for what  I want.  Give the voters a real choice between a leftwinger and a rightwinger.

Flip flopper to me means someone who changes his mind, stance or opinion for political expediency, not discovering  new evidence and making a reasoned decision to change.  I think Mitt fits the former description but he is sly about it.  In 2008 he was to the right of McCain but far to the left of Palin.

Baggage is what the media decides a candidate has.  Amazing, isn't it, how light 0bama traveled in 2008?  If he had been examined as much as these folks, we might have been spared a lot of agony in defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment